Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gundam Heavyarms MG Review

Finally I finished my 3rd MG so far. This is one of my favorite mobile suit in series after Deathscythe Hell. Fortunately, all the odds turned in my favor this time. I didn't had any errors this time just a smooth suave build. I really love how Bandai designed this kit. The missiles are separated from the shoulder for a smooth and easy paint job. The details are very good, just a little touch of gundam marker to highlight the every articulation of it. The building process is the same with Deathscythe Hell. Cut and clean the pieces, sort it out and paint. then panel lines, decals and top coat. It didn't took a while because some of the stock colors of the pieces are already good to my eyes, no need to paint it in my opinion.

The construction are excellent it can hold it's own weight without falling off. The few down side that I noticed is that the brace connecting wire between the tank behind his back pack are always falling off if you move the arms upward. What I did is I applied a little bit of super glue to the lock of the wire connector and luckily the problem is solved. And another one is the army knife, you cannot turn the whole arms straight while the army knife is attached the tip of the knife is blocking the shoulder if you did. So you need to turn the arms 90 degrees in order to attach it properly.

Nonetheless, if you're a big fan of Gundam Wing, you should definitely grab one. It's worth the money and I think this is the most painless, problem free build among the three.

*credits to my girlfriend Hazel for this amazing gift.*

Here's some pictures.





















For the next build, I'm thinking to get a Sandrock and paint it as the OVA version or buy a 00 Raiser.

Thanks for reading, I'll keep you guys updated as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment